Enhanced Care through Advanced Technology®
Interventional radiology includes a wide range of minimally invasive procedures that are often an alternative to open surgery. The incisions, if any, are much smaller than in surgery and therefore less painful and require shorter hospital stays. In fact, most patients are admitted to Lynchburg General Hospital the morning of their procedure and typically go home the same day.
Our physicians are highly trained surgical radiologists who use x-rays to help them see inside your body in order to provide a wide variety of medical treatments.
Some of the many treatments available in Lynchburg are:
- Angioplasty and stenting
- used to open clogged arteries and veins due to hardening of the arteries (Peripheral Arterial Disease, PAD)
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- nonsurgical treatment for women with fibroids of the uterus that are causing pain and/or heavy bleeding
- treats osteoporotic compression fractures of the spine
- Epidural steroid injections
- treat back and leg pain
- Port-a-cath placement
- aids in chemotherapy treatments
- Dialysis catheter placements
- Varicocele embolization
- nonsurgical treatment for varicoceles that may be causing infertility
We ask that our female patients tell us if there is any possibility that they are pregnant.